Face detection technology at Microsoft has been around for quite some time. It was first used in XBOX Kinect series over 8 years ago.
With the release of cognitive services API, Microsoft has given the same power to the community as was available to the makers of XBOX Kinect.
I demonstrated the power of cognitive services through a series of demos.
1) Face Detection: The two demos were based on cognitive service’s Face API.
Face API lets you detect not just the human face but also a variety of human emotions.
The impressive part is that all this is possible by using just 3 lines of code.
2) Emotion detection was followed by Face Detection. After training the Face API using three of my photos, the program was successfully able to identify me from a random set of Facebook photos.
The final demo was a real case study where I used the cognitive services API to read contents of PDF documents being uploaded to the website to determine
- Form uploaded is a council document
- The document is the latest version
- Checks if the right form was chosen